One of the back dated things i did because it was just so irritating... Please refer below for self explanatory ......
: : : Letter to MPH : : :
Hi,
Would like to highlight the launching of the recent “Harry Potter and the half blood prince”, book sold in MPH, Midvalley. It was not a surprise when plenty turned up for the launching as early as 4 am. There were pre-bookings, events and even the best dressed ‘potters’ to be given prizes. The books were sold at RM99.90 which I first thought it was rather reasonable as we all expected that price to be.
I was then browsing in Borders, Berjaya Times Square and the very same book was sold for RM89.90. On top of that, the free gifts offered for pre bookings or dressing as potters are the same as what MPH was offering. Let’s not talk about the franchising and all that, I would not accept that as a reason on a personal basis because at what Borders was offering, I am sure they were making a comfortable profit already.
It left me a very bad impression on MPH besides being known as a favourable ‘worldwide bookstore’, I have always had the impression that MPH will sell books at a reasonable rate due to the variety and an ‘all-in-one’ family bookstore. Your organization profited a huge amount of money from consumers like us which is not fair, taking advantage of the situation and cashed in quite a huge amount from genuine fans and original branding collectors/supporters.
It is indeed a very sad and disgusting feeling as speaking for the other consumers as well, if we all knew that Borders were selling at that price, we would have all flocked there instead of being whipped out a RM10 difference.
Cc: the star, NSTP
Dissapointed
: : :
Wanna guess what MPH wrote in return?
Thursday, August 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment